Do You Need Windscreen Repair or Swap in Melbourne?
Signs You Need Windscreen Repair
- Small chips and cracks: If your windshield has a small chip or crack that is less than the size of a quarter, it can usually be repaired. Car windscreen repairs can fix these minor issues, restoring the integrity of the glass and preventing the damage from spreading.
- Damage not in the driver’s line of sight: A windscreen repair might be the best option if the chip or crack is located outside the driver’s direct line of sight. This is because repairs are less likely to cause distortion, which could impair the driver’s visibility.
- Recent damage: If the damage to your windshield has occurred recently, it is more likely to be repairable. Fresh chips and cracks are easier to fix because they haven’t been exposed to dirt and debris, which can make the repair process more complicated.
- Signs You Need Windscreen Replacement
- Large cracks and chips: If the damage to your windshield is larger than a quarter or extends to the edge of the glass, a windscreen replacement may be necessary. Larger cracks and chips can compromise the windshield’s structural integrity, making driving unsafe.
- Damage in the driver’s line of sight: A replacement may be better if the chip or crack is located directly in the driver’s line of sight. Windscreen repair can sometimes leave behind a slight distortion, which can be distracting and dangerous while driving.
- Multiple cracks and chips: It may be time for a windscreen replacement if your windshield has multiple cracks and chips.
Benefits of Repairing Chips and Cracks Early
Addressing minor windshield damage as soon as possible can prevent more expensive replacements down the road. Windscreen chip repair can stop small chips and cracks from spreading and turning into larger issues that require a full replacement. Additionally, repairing minor damage can save you time, as repairs are often quicker than replacements.
Your One-Stop Solution for Repair and Replacement
If you need help determining whether you need a windscreen repair or a windscreen replacement, our experts at EW Windscreens are here to help. With their down-to-earth service and affordable pricing, we have been a trusted source for car windscreen repairs since 2002.
Don’t let a small chip or crack become a more significant problem. Contact EW Windscreens today for all your car windscreen repair and replacement needs in Melbourne.